As promised, here are some of the trioramas made by Y6 at WCPS on the subject of Mi pueblo. The pupils were very excited about making them and whilst one class did a better job than the other, there were some excellent examples created. Each classroom has a (static) Spanish display and I’ve added some of the trioramas to the border of them. I was going to attach them like a row of houses but decided that it was batter with the writing flush to the wall and the townscape facing the floor so that they could be read!
Why spend the time making them?
- Yr6 needed a bit of motivation!
- It encouraged them to do their best work and take pride in presentation in a way that writing in their books doesn’t.
- Their work is now on display, or has been taken home (I took photos of them all to stick in books.)
- Others within school have commented on the work; again this would not to be true if it were in their books.
- It celebrates all the work that they have put in over the previous few weeks.