ALL Joined Up!
Language World 2014 at the University of Lancaster from 4-5 April has 44 sessions over two days, with a strong focus on the New Curriculum andworking together for the best in languages education. Our theme is year is ALL Joined Up!
It’s the ideal event for you, whether you’re an experienced teacher of languages or coming new to the subject for the first time as part of the New Curriculum at primary level.
- Inspiring plenaries from Rachel Hawkes, Judith Woodfield and Steven Fawkes
- Major talks on the challenges and opportunities in the new curriculum from Bernardette Holmes, Liz Black, Marian Carty and a reflection on the past from Nicola McLelland
- Workshops full of new ideas to take away and use next day – with too many well-known speakers to name here! Check out the programme
- Up-to-date information from Ofsted and the launch of the results of the latest Language Trends survey
- Question Time with actor Larry Lamb in the Chair and a panel from the worlds of education, business and media
- Find out how research can inform and support developments in languages education from Ann Swarbrick, Kati Szeless and others
- Get to know more about CLIL with Judith Woodfield (plenary), Pippa Jacobs & Sue Simpson (workshop), Kim Bower (major talk), Angela Molinari (workshop) and others
- Primary and secondary Show and Tell sessions
- Get ALL Joined Up through national initiatives like Routes into Languages and Speak to the Future
- Big exhibition of resources and opportunities for you and your pupils
- Your chance to network with teachers from around the country
Join us for one day or two! From just £120 a day –full details of how to book see here or call us on 0116 229 7600.