#EDUtalk 3-4-13 – Lisa Stevens
Last Wednesday I was invited to be the guest on Radio Edutalk.
I was really honoured to be asked and enjoyed the talking about my experiences and thoughts on education. We talked about my background, how I came to be in Switzerland and what I’ve been doing here before going on to talk about creativity and technology in education.
My summary of “the important bits”!
- Be patient – things don’t happen overnight.
- Lead by example. And if learners enjoy it, they’ll be your greatest help!
- Technology is just another tool that can be used to enhance and transform learning – it’s not THE answer.
- Before using technology ask “why?” – it should suit the task rather than the task being made to match the technology.
- When starting out using new tools, don’t try to do everything at once. You’ll end up with too many plates spinning. Start with one or two ideas and “practise” for a bit before adding something else.
- Learning should be celebrated. Loudly. And I love doing it.
- Twitter is wonderful for keeping in touch and feeling connected.
- We need to support one another, especially as other support, such as advisory teams, is being decimated.
Thanks to David and John for the opportunity. Great to talk to you again! You can listen to the programme here.